Moving & Storage Tips
Getting ready for a big move?
Or is it just time to clean out your storage space?
Stor-Alot recommends giving some of these storage unit tips a try during the process:
• When storing furniture, use boards or pallets to keep furniture off floor.
• To save space, use drawers to store smaller items.
• When using boxes, make sure they are full or use newspaper to fill open spaces to prevent collapsing when stacked.
• Never store combustibles, such as paint or chemicals. Perishable food should be permanently sealed.
• Use trash cans to store rakes and shovels.
• Store pots and pans inside larger appliances such as a stove or refrigerator.
• Break down tables of the legs and store on end to save space.
• Drain lawn and garden equipment of gas to prevent corrosion.
• Cover your mattresses and store flat on level surface.
• Treat wood and use protective covers before storing.
• When storing important files, label all boxes and make sure they are easy to be seen and accessible.